According to the announcement of the Minister of Health of 06/03/2021 (PLO.454.21.2021.MMI), from 08/03/2021 we are introducing the following rules:
1. AstraZeneka Vaccine – the date of the second dose is set 12 weeks from the date of receiving the first dose
2. Comirnaty mRNA vaccine – the date of the second dose is set 6 weeks from the date of receiving the first dose
3. People in justified cases of inability to come to the point within the prescribed period, please report this fact in order to set an earlier date:
a. AstraZeneka vaccine at week 11-12 from the first vaccination
b. Comirnata mRNA vaccine – 35-42 days after the first dose
4. People who do not report for vaccination due to random reasons should contact the point of contact to arrange the date. The date will depend on the capabilities of the person as well as on the vaccines held at the point.
5. However, for people who have already received the first dose of the vaccine before March 8, 2021, the previously applicable rules apply.
Dr Bożena Szkolny
Chairwoman of the Hospital Infection Control Team
Deputy Director for Healthcare
Provincial Hospital in Bielsko-Biała