Conditions for an additional (third) dose of vaccination against COVID-19 in the following immunocompromised individuals:
- Receiving active cancer therapy
- After organ transplants receiving immunosuppressive drugs or biological therapies
- After stem cell transplant in the last 2 years
- With moderate to severe primary immunodeficiency syndromes,
- With HIV infection
- Currently being treated with high doses of corticosteroids or other medications that may suppress the immune response
- Chronic dialysis for renal failure
It only applies to patients who have received an mRNA vaccine.
In the absence of an automatically issued e-referral, the attending physician of a given patient may issue a referral himself.
Patients should be reported to the Directorate’s Secretariat for an appointment (tel. 2144, 2002)
Dr Bożena Szkolny – Chairwoman of the Hospital Infection Control Team
Krzysztof Pliszek – Deputy Director of Treatment Provincial Hospital in Bielsko-Biała