Wojciech Jaszczurowski, MD, PhD - Head of the Department
Ewa Pieronkiewicz, MA
Hospitalized in life-threatening conditions, with acute coronary syndromes, arrhythmias and conduction disorders, acute heart failure, receive modern treatment according to the standards of the European Society of Cardiology and the Polish Society of Kadiology.
The department provides implantation of cardiac pacemakers and defibrillators – cardioverter of various types. Ablation treatments are also performed with the use of, inter alia, 3D electroanatomical system. Ablations involve the destruction or isolation of a small area of heart tissue that causes arrhythmias with electrodes. At the same time, thanks to the use of the electroanatomical 3D system, computer screens show colorful images showing the heart in three-dimensional space, with maps of its electrical activities overlaid. Based on this, the specialist determines where the arrhythmia foci are and how they spread. Accurate information is also recorded in real time about the propagation of excitation waves, the location of scars, as well as the position and pressure of the catheters inserted into the heart. All this makes the procedure carried out with the use of this method much more precise.
Intensive Cardiac Supervision has:
• 6 bedside monitors and a central monitor that provide:
◦ continuous measurement of 3 ECG leads with real-time ST evaluation with the possibility of continuous recording of blood saturation, arterial pressure, respiratory rate, body temperature, arrhythmia assessment. The record is archived with the possibility of viewing up to 72 hours back and printing.
◦ continuous and instantaneous invasive measurements of arterial and central pressure, venous pressure, measurements of pressure in the heart cavities, pulmonary wedge pressure, cardiac output by thermodilution, pulmonary and peripheral resistance.
• oxygen, air and central vacuum, portable suction device and pulse oximeter, respirator,
• defibrillator with ECG recording, transcutaneous pacing and saturation assessment
• 12-channel ECG
• 3 external stimulators, endocavitary electrodes with the possibility of temporary stimulation
• pressure and drip infusion pumps
• a power source independent of the network
• set for puncture and drainage of the pericardium and pleura, cannulation sets for central veins and arteries,
• possibility of 24-hour ECG, CTG with color Doppler, magnetic resonance imaging, chest X-ray, classical and spiral CT, arteriography, laboratory tests: high-sensitivity troponin, CPK-MB, BNP, blood coagulation parameters, D-dimers, gasometry, sugar level and creatinine, morphology of biological material culture and other biochemical parameters.