Marek Drążkiewicz, MD, PhD
Ewa Kamecka, MA
The department conducts diagnostic and therapeutic activities in the field of general and vascular surgery.
We perform operational and endovascular procedures in the Central Operating Unit and the Angiography Laboratory of the Imaging Diagnostics Department. Direct postoperative care is provided in a 4-bed intensive postoperative treatment room. In the 46-bed ward with single, double and triple rooms, we treat approximately 1700 patients each year, approximately 1500 operations are performed.
In vascular diseases, we perform specialized surgical operations on pulses and veins as well as endovascular (endovascular) procedures, such as:
• aorto-femoral bypass,
• femoral-popliteal bypass,
• surgery of aortic aneurysms,
• operations on the carotid and aortic arch arteries,
• operations for vascular injuries,
• surgical and non-surgical treatment of vascular malformations,
• modern treatment of venous insufficiency,
• production of dialysis fistulas,
• oppression syndrome of the upper thoracic opening and hyperhidrosis, including videoscopic surgery.
In the field of endovascular treatment, we provide:
• stenting of peripheral vessels,
• stenting of carotid arteries,
• implantation of stent grafts in aortic aneurysms,
• endovascular corrections of surgical vessel reconstruction, including dialysis fistulas,
• insertion of filters into the inferior vena cava to prevent pulmonary embolism.
The branch is accredited to specialize in:
• general surgery,
• vascular surgery,
• vascular surgery internships for other specialties.
We are on constant duty in the field of vascular surgery for Bielsko-Biała and the districts of Bielsko, Żywiec and Cieszyn, as well as in coordination with other surgery departments from Bielsko-Biała, surgical duty. Together with specialists from other fields of medicine, we provide comprehensive treatment of multi-organ and multi-site injuries.