The Provincial Hospital in Bielsko-Biała received funding for the implementation of the project entitled “Reconstruction and purchase of medical equipment as well as disinfection and sterilization devices for the Voivodeship Hospital in Bielsko-Biała in order to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus” , under the Operational Program of the Śląskie Voivodeship for 2014-2020 (European Regional Development Fund ), Priority X Revitalization and social and health infrastructure for Measure 10.1. Healthcare infrastructure – extraordinary procedure.
Total value of the project: PLN 3,480,000.00
The amount of co-financing from the EU: PLN 2,958,000.00
Co-financing from the state budget: PLN 348,000.00
The following tasks will be performed under the project:
Task no. 1: Purchase of medical equipment and apparatus for the Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Therapy and the Hospital Emergency Department.
The purchased equipment will effectively help to identify, safely transport and isolate potentially infectious and sick patients. In order to ensure high quality and safety of care for patients with COVID-19 while maintaining the safety of other patients and medical staff, it is necessary to purchase additional diagnostic equipment and medical equipment for intensive care treatment. The purchase of equipment includes:
- Bedside X-ray machine – 1 item,
- mobile ultrasound machine – 2 pcs.
- intensive care bed – 3 pcs.
- higher class respirator – 8 pcs.
- impedance tomograph for pulmonary examinations – 1 item,
- cardiac monitor – 8 pcs.,
- syringe infusion pumps with a docking station – 30 pcs.
- videolaryngoscope – 3 items,
- transport insulating chamber – 1 pc.
- hospital bed – 50 items,
- set for difficult intubation – 1 item,
- venous scanner – 1 pc.
Task 2: Reconstruction and equipment of the Laboratory Diagnostics Department
In order to accelerate the diagnosis of people at risk, a virological testing laboratory will be established at the ZDL Hospital, in which about 70 tests / day for COVID-19 will be performed using the RT-PCR method. For this purpose, the necessary construction and installation works will be carried out, thanks to which the studio room will be separated and laboratory equipment will be purchased. The purchased equipment is:
- biosafety class II air-flow laminar chamber – 1 item,
- Eppendorf centrifuge – 1 pc.
- set of automatic pipettes – 1 set
- laboratory freezer – 1 pc.
Task number 3: Purchase of equipment and supplies for cleaning, disinfection and sterilization
Maintaining a sanitary regime and ensuring decontamination processes will reduce the risk of spreading the virus, and at the same time reduce the risk of secondary hospital infections. The equipment will be used to clean hospital rooms, wash and disinfect medical products and equipment, and sterilize tools and instruments used in contacts with infectious patients. The purchase includes:
- self-propelled surface cleaning machine – 1 pc.
- automatic washer, disinfector – 1 pc.
- steam sterilizer with a steam generator – 1 pc.
The tasks planned as part of the project result from the current epidemiological situation and are entirely focused on preventing, counteracting and combating COVID-19.
The project will be implemented in the period: April 2020 – September 2020.